Insomnia has following characteristics?
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking up often during the night and having trouble going back to sleep
- Waking up too early in the morning
- Feeling tired upon waking
Causes of Insomnia include:
- Stress from life, relationship, work and financial issues.
- Emotional or physical discomfort
- Environmental factors like noise, light, or extreme temperatures (hot or cold) that interfere with sleep
- Some medications (for example those used to treat colds, allergies, depression, high blood pressure, and asthma) may interfere with sleep
- Interference in normal sleep schedule (jet lag or switching from a day to night shift, for example)
- Depression and/or anxiety
- Pain or discomfort at night
Treatment for Insomnia
At Integrated Oriental Medicine, we are focusing on the causes of the insomnia. We use acupuncture to balance your body to reduce the stress and depression, decrease the pain and balance the hormones. We have a very good herbal formula to assist you to relax and sleep better:
Chai Ge Jie Ji Tang, He Huan Pi, Long Gu, Mu Li, Ye Jiao Teng plus the herbs to address your underline issues.